Birth, Marriage or Death Certificates
To obtain a copy of birth, marriage or death certificates a search form must be completed and returned to the Kenya Embassy together with a fee of US $50 postal order. In the case of birth/death certificate the postal order should be made payable to the Principal Civil Registrar, while postal orders for copies of marriage certificates should be payable to The Registrar of Marriages.
Requirements for non-Kenyans wishing to conduct a marriage ceremony in Kenya.
Non-Kenyan parties wishing to conduct a marriage ceremony in Kenya are required to produce the following documents:
- Birth certificates
- Valid passports
- Decree Absolutes (if divorced)
- Death certificate (if widowed)
- Separate Statutory Declarations sworn at a Solicitor's/Notary Public's office, stating the fact that one is single and free to marry. This should bear the solicitor's signature and official stamp.
- Parental consent in form of legal document for persons below twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Residency in the country for twenty-one days. If this is not possible, a Special Licence could be obtained beforehand by contacting the Registrar's Office in Kenya.
The contact address for the Registrar's Offices in Nairobi is:
The Registrar of Marriages,
Department of the
PO Box 30031
Tel: 00254 2 227461
Fax: 00254 2 215651
Birth/Death Certificate Requirements
- To obtain a copy of a birth/death certificate complete and return the General Search Form
- Fee of US$50 - Money Order/Cashiers Check payable to the Principal Civil Registrar.
Marriage Certificate Requirements
- To obtain a copy of a marriage certificate complete and return the Marriage Certificate search form
- Fee of US$50 - Money Order/Cashiers Check payable to The Registrar of Marriages.